[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - The future of Youtube support, should it be removed?

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

The future of Youtube support, should it be removed?

Forum to talk about the development of SMTube (code, patches...).

Re: The future of Youtube support, should it be removed?

Postby zzd10h » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:58 pm

@rvm

Are you sure that json is not supported under Qt4 ?
I compiled successfully a program that used QxtJSON (quicklytranslate) with Qt4.7.

http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/qui ... ent=135299
zzd10h

Postby PJS » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi RVM,

Another AmigaOS user here that has really been enjoying your work and zzd10h's port. Thank you very much for your
efforts thus far and I hope you decide to continue with SMPlayer and YT support.

Aside from the JSON issues, I'd hope that supporting playback with an external script would leave you in full compliance
with whatever Google/YT is requiring.... and still leave us little Amigans with a way to play along with the big boys.

Thanks again,

PJS
PJS

Postby realnc » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:50 pm

realnc

Postby blodsugare » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Hey guys I like SMPlayer and I managed to find my own solution for Youtube+SMPlayer it works awesome, I combined "smplayer" and "gtk youtube-viewer together". I'm using Ubuntu Trusty Tahr this is how to reproduce my steps:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install youtube-viewer

By default it uses mplayer engine so you can substitute any front-end player that uses mplayer engine just to get a nice GUI. This is how you can replace it to use SMPlayer by default: in Youtube Viewer navigate to "Menu" --> "Preferences", you'll get a script opened, find these lines:

video_player_selected => "mplayer",
video_players => {
mplayer => {
arg => "-prefer-ipv4 -really-quiet-cache %d -cache-min %d",
audio => "-audiofile *AUDIO*",
cmd => "/usr/bin/mplayer",
fs => "-fs",
srt => "-sub *SUB*",
},
mpv => {
arg => "--really-quiet",

then simply change the line:

cmd => "/usr/bin/mplayer",

to e.g.:

cmd => "/usr/bin/smplayer",

Next open SMPlayer and navigate to "SMPlayer Preferences" --> "Network" tab and put the marks at "Enable Youtube internal support" and "Enable MPV's support for streaming sites" that's it. Now go back to Youtube Viewer and click on any video it will launch it with SMPlayer. Not sure if that even was neccessary but I did it anyways. Also when using SMPlayer if you want to avoid breaking a link into threads when clicking on the video to play remove this argument line from mplayer section:

arg => "-prefer-ipv4 -really-quiet -cache %d -cache-min %d",

Now in Youtube-viewer just click on any video even from Vevo etc. and it'll be reproduced in SMPlayer in no time.
blodsugare

Postby rvm » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:38 am

I think youtube-viewer also uses the API 2, so it will also be affected by the problem.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:05 am

I think I took a decision. I'm not going to try to fix smtube but I will implement something new and hopefully better.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:40 am

This is how I'm implementing the replacement for smtube:

I'm actually creating a web application. The search for youtube videos, categories and so on is just a website. The application in your PC will be a small web browser that just opens that website, it can recognize the youtube URLs and open them in smplayer.

Why?

* Youtube already provides a library for PHP to use the API v3, so it's much easier to implement it this way than a Qt app, where I had to write a lot of things from scratch.
* Qt already provides a small web browser as a example, so I only have to make it some modifications.
* Since the application in the PC doesn't use the Youtube API, I guess it would be still possible to add functions to download videos (although I think it would be better to just call another application).
rvm
Site Admin

Postby zzd10h » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:34 am

If I understand well, no hope without smplayer, right ?

Aout json, did you read my post ?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7977&start=20#p13575
zzd10h

Postby rvm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:26 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:32 pm

rvm
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Development