This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

disable auto-play function

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: disable auto-play function

Postby kostuj » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Excellent again. Thank you so much.

The manual you kindly linked me to seemed slightly different than the manual that came with the download, so I saved the information for future reference.

As before, your instructions for adding the commands to the MPV player were rather simple and correct, and again I thank you sincerely for that.

However, they only worked as hoped under the condition of opening the player first and then dragging and dropping files into the player. It worked perfectly then, even to the point of the frame advance keys working at the very beginning from frame number zero.

But when starting with MPV closed and with it set as the default media player, simply double-clicking on a video file results in the commands not taking effect. The player opens and the video starts to play automatically and disappears after completing play as it did earlier. Is there anything additional I might be missing or something I am doing incorrectly that you can determine?

Thank you so much again. I really appreciate.
kostuj

Re: disable auto-play function

Postby rvm » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:31 am

If you want those options to be active always, you can add them to the mpv configuration file. I think the mpv manual explains how to do it.
rvm
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General