[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - "turn monitor off" not working after using Smplayer

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

"turn monitor off" not working after using Smplayer

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: "turn monitor off" not working after using Smplayer

Postby rvm » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:27 am

I think I fixed the problem with the attachment of text files in the forum.

I realised that I actually need the full log, even the output texts when smplayer closes. To do so, go to preferences -> advanced -> logs and check the option "Save smplayer log to a file". Now close smplayer, open it again, play a file, close smplayer. And then attach the smplayer_log.txt that you'll find on the smplayer configuration folder.

BTW, before running smplayer to create the log, be sure the power settings are configured properly, as I want to see if smplayer is saving/restoring those settings correctly.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby lch » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:43 pm

lch

Postby rvm » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:21 am

According to the log you previously posted, it should be in C:/Users/Leonardo/.smplayer/smplayer_log.txt
rvm
Site Admin

Postby lch » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:52 pm

it's not there.
i tried the procedure you suggested several times but the log does not come up.
lch

Postby rvm » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Go to preferences -> advanced -> logs, move the mouse over the "Save smplayer log to a file" option and wait until a tooltip appears. The tooltip will tell you the location of the log.

BTW, that option is quite new. Version 0.6.8 doesn't have that option. You need at least svn r3318.

Here you can find updates:
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windows/
rvm
Site Admin

Postby lch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:16 pm

here is the log
Attachments
smplayer_log.txt
(92.55 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
lch

Postby rvm » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:39 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby lch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:47 pm

i do not know about those parameters, i am not a programmer.
do they include the settings for the "turn monitor off" feature?

bear in mind that the power settings DO NOT change in any visible
way: the monitor simply doesn't turn off anymore--but if i open
the settings everything SEEMS fine. i have to make a change and save it:
that is the only way to restore the feature.
lch

Postby rvm » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Those values are the time-outs (in seconds) for low-power, power-off and screensaver.

I don't know much about windows programming. I wrote that code after searching in google.

Now looking at it seems some of the options I used are not supported on windows vista.

A patch to make it work properly on windows vista is welcome.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:22 am

In svn r3426 smplayer doesn't try to call the functions not supported on windows vista. Maybe that could fix your problem.

rvm
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General