[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - "turn monitor off" not working after using Smplayer

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

"turn monitor off" not working after using Smplayer

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: "turn monitor off" not working after using Smplayer

Postby lch » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:25 am

lch

Postby redxii » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:45 am

I don't have this issue before or with r3426 in Vista SP2 64-bit. Did this just start happening out of the blue or has it always happened?
redxii

Postby lch » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:10 pm

i am on Vista Home Premium SP1.
i think it started with 0.6.8 but i am not sure.

the problem doesn't occur in 0.6.3 (which i just tested).
lch

Postby rvm » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:42 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby lch » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:35 pm

the option selected is "avoid screen saver".

the problem occur AFTER you CLOSE Smplayer, independently
if you have played a file or not. if you open it and keep it open the
problem does NOT occur (IF the monitor off feature is still working
at the moment you open SP, of course).
lch

Postby rvm » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Then I guess the problem happens when smplayer tries to restore the value of the screensaver time-out (with the call SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SETSCREENSAVETIMEOUT, screensaver, NULL, 0);).

According to the MS documentation, SPI_SETSCREENSAVETIMEOUT should work on windows vista.

The code that smplayer uses is . Does anyone see something wrong?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby lch » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:29 pm

just want to make sure we are on the same page:

the screen saver works fine.
it's the "turn monitor off" settings that get affected.
lch

Postby rvm » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Yes I know, and that's why it surprise me that changing the screensaver time-out would modify the monitor turn off :?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:24 am

I've just tested smplayer svn r3428 in a computer with windows vista and I couldn't reproduce your problem. I set the screensaver time-out to 1 minute, and the monitor turn off to 2 minutes. I opened smplayer and close it. And wait. After 2 minutes the screen turns off.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby lch » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 pm

are you going to keep this ticket open and try to fix this bug?
or just drop it?

i dont know why you could not reproduce the problem on that system you tested: it is obviously
smplayer that is doing something wrong on my machine (and somebody else has previously mentioned
the same problem on xp).
lch

PreviousNext

Return to General