This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Playlist size overwhelms the rest of the UI

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Playlist size overwhelms the rest of the UI

Postby TianlanSha » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:23 am

As you can see here, the playlist is so wide that the rest of the UI looks tiny. I prefer having my video player to be a small window rather than a huge one and I also like to have the playlist visible at all times, but in SMPlayer, the playlist is too wide and cannot be made narrower and considering how much customization ability SMPlayer has, I think it should be available to have a smaller, more narrow playlist.

Please consider including this option in future releases.
TianlanSha

Re: Playlist size overwhelms the rest of the UI

Postby rvm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 pm

This seems to be a problem when using the Qt 5 library, I couldn't find a fix yet, but you can undock the playlist from the main window.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby TianlanSha » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Does that mean in the future it will be addressed?

Also on an unrelated note, I noticed when I use CTRL+U or I use the SMTube plugin to load videos from YouTube, despite that in options I've selected the highest quality, they always play on some low quality... and I don't know how to fix it, other players like VLC and PotPlayer either choose the highest quality by default or give you an option to pick quality and it works, but on SMPlayer, despite selecting the highest quality, it still plays the videos in something like 360p. How do I fix this? I really like SMPlayer and want to keep using it, but this thing is beyond annoying?

TianlanSha

Postby rvm » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:05 pm

Enable the option "use adaptive streams". Otherwise the maximum resolution would be 720p.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Madoka » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:36 am

When the playlist is docked, SMP always opens in the upper left hand corner of the monitor with the title bar offscreen instead of centered as it does when the playlist is not docked.
Madoka

Return to General