[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - "Random Bug" Video opens behind open windows!

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

"Random Bug" Video opens behind open windows!

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

"Random Bug" Video opens behind open windows!

Postby gate1975mlm » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:58 am

Hello,

Lets say I have a window open like Internet Explorer and at the same time I have SMplayer 0.6.9 open on top of that window what happens is if I try and make the playing video full screen by either double clicking the video or pressing the full screen button on the toolbar the video displays behind Internet Explorer window. This happens with any opened window in fact.

Its kind of hard to explain I hope you understand what I mean.

Here are 2 screeshots to give you a better idea of what I mean.

In the first screenshot you can see the player over the opened winodow in this case the browser. And in the second screenshot you can see what happens after I try and make the video full screen.

When I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen the video then does come on full screen. This seems to happen at random times.

I do not have this issue with Windows Media Player Classic when trying the same action.

Any idea what would cause this and can this be fixed?

The quick fix is to just use "Always On Top" but I rather not have to use that feature in this case.

If you need me to explain it better just let me know :)
gate1975mlm

Re: "Random Bug" Video opens behind open windows!

Postby gate1975mlm » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Will this be fixed?
gate1975mlm

Postby rvm » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:42 pm

It's a problem that I can't reproduce. And if I can't reproduce it I won't be able to fix it.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby gate1975mlm » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:22 pm

gate1975mlm

Postby gate1975mlm » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:59 pm

I did a clean install of windows and I am still having this same issue.

Are you sure you do not have this problem?

Please test it again.

Make IE browser full screen then have the video ontop of it. then double click the video to make it full screen. Keep doing it a few times and you should see the bug that I am talking about.

No other media player has this issue on my computer.
gate1975mlm

Postby rvm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:13 am

Does it happen only with internet explorer? I never use internet explorer, maybe that's why I never saw this problem.

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem...
rvm
Site Admin

Postby gate1975mlm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:19 am

gate1975mlm

Postby gate1975mlm » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:25 am

Here is a screen shot I just took!

I had SMPlayer open over the "System info" window and when I made SMPlayer full screen by double clicking the video it opened full screen behide the System info window.
Attachments
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (220.45 KiB) Viewed 3856 times
gate1975mlm

Postby gate1975mlm » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:08 pm

Any luck? Have you been able to re create this on your computer at all?

If you can't then maybe SMPlayer does not like my video card or something?
gate1975mlm

Postby rvm » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:14 pm

I hope to test this issue tomorrow.

(I use most of the time linux).
rvm
Site Admin

Next

Return to General