[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Trouble with VDPAU and Mplayer version

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Trouble with VDPAU and Mplayer version

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Trouble with VDPAU and Mplayer version

Postby Jenga » Sat May 01, 2010 5:24 am

Ok I have two problems. I just installed Ubuntu Lucid Lynx on my computer. I added the PPA's for Smplayer and Mplayer (links provided by the Smplayer downloads page) and installed the latest versions of Smplayer and Mplayer (0.6.9-1~lucid1 and 2:1.0~rc3+svn200904 respectively). I've run into two problems.

Problem #1: When I first started up Smplayer I got this message:

The version of MPlayer (SVN r1) installed on your system is obsolete. SMPlayer can't work well with it: some options won't work, subtitle selection may fail...
Please, update your MPlayer.
(This warning won't be displayed anymore)

I don't understand how this can be. I updated and installed the latest version of Mplayer, I can see it in the synaptic package manager so I shouldn't be getting this message.

Problem #2: I'm trying to play videos with the VDPAU driver but when I do I get no video just audio.

Somebody please help me. I did the same thing in Jaunty Jackalope and I had no problems. I really don't want to have to downgrade.
Jenga

Re: Trouble with VDPAU and Mplayer version

Postby rvm » Sat May 01, 2010 12:16 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby Jenga » Sat May 01, 2010 6:33 pm

OK I installed the Mplayer package you suggested. When I open Mplayer and change the video driver to VDPAU I get these fatal errors:

Mplayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: unknown

-Mplayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
Recompile Mplayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and disassembly. Details in DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash

-Mplayer crashed. This shouldn't happen. It can be a bug in the Mplayer code_or_in your drivers_or_in_your gcc version. If you think it's Mplayer's fault, please read DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We can't and won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a possible bug.

But now I can use the VDPAU driver in smplayer and get video and audio. Does this mean anything?

On a side note, when I installed the Mplayer package you suggested did that install over the Mplayer I already had installed?
Jenga

Postby rvm » Sat May 01, 2010 10:11 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Return to General