[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - How do I set up EDL?

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

How do I set up EDL?

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

How do I set up EDL?

Postby df3 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:07 am

df3

Re: How do I set up EDL?

Postby rvm » Tue May 25, 2010 2:08 am

smplayer has support for edl files. Just name it with the same filename of the movie but with extension .edl, and smplayer will load it automatically.

I've just tested it and it works.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby df3 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:33 am

I tried just creating an EDL file through notepad, and renaming the extension EDL.

I just copy and pasted

5.3 7.1 0
15 16.7 1
420 422 0

into the notepad to see if it would work. However, once it reached the 5.3 mark is just fastforwarded to the end of the movie.

I left Run the following actions every time a file is opened. BLANK and even uninstalled it, but it still does the same thing.
df3

Postby rvm » Tue May 25, 2010 9:20 pm

I don't know, I didn't test on windows. Maybe it's a bug of that mplayer build.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby rogerdpack » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:15 pm

yeah for me I get this (jumps through the DVD like skipping through it quickly) when using an edl with smplayer + mplayer

MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r30369-4.2.5

but not with

MPlayer Sherpya-SVN-r32492-4.2.5 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team (from http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php )

You can get an smplayer with the updated version of mplayer (that works for EDL) from Lord Mulder's "mplayer for windows" download, which contains a much more updated version of mplayer.exe

Also if you have filename.mpg you'll want to name the edl file filename.edl, not filename.mpg.edl
rogerdpack

Return to General