[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Version 0.8.0 causing WIN XPsp3 Hang and Crash

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Version 0.8.0 causing WIN XPsp3 Hang and Crash

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Version 0.8.0 causing WIN XPsp3 Hang and Crash

Postby Hood » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Hello there!

I have been using the SM Player for some 3 years almost and it has been a great software for me.

A week ago i have upgraded my last version 0.6.8 to the current 0.8.0 and installed it through internet files of M Player along with SM Player itself. I am having a problem.

--During playback either MKV or MP3 files it hangs my entire system immediately when i seek forward.
--It does the same even when i attempt to load another file when it is already playing something (without stopping running file first)
--Sometimes it hangs immediately after when i have opened a MKV file and when its status bar says "cache fill..."

SM Player has never been troublesome to me before. But since its update to latest version it is causing great panic and damaging my system by hanging it again and again. Please somebody help me to resolve the issue. Whether somebody has experienced same problem with the new installation or is it me by chance.

I am using Win XP SP3 with fully loaded DIRECT X RUNTIME REDISTRIBUTABLE.----Please tell me whether its the issue with SM Player or the integrated M Player within it. I have tried it after reverting back to my old version 0.6.8 but it too installs with downloading components and M Player online files (which is obviously latest version of M Player too)-- and problem sustains as same. What should i do to get the older version of SM Player with integrated old M Player within it.

Thanks and regards!
Hood

Re: Version 0.8.0 causing WIN XPsp3 Hang and Crash

Postby rvm » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Try version 0.7.1. It includes an old version of mplayer:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/smplaye ... e/download
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Hood » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:57 pm

Hood

Postby redxii » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 am

That has MPlayer included.

If you have been using the "*-webdl.exe" then it currently still downloads an older MPlayer release, same one that's in the installer he linked to, and been distributed w/ SMPlayer for quite a while.
redxii

Postby Hood » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 am

The problem is same with the 0.7.1

I have installed it and checked twice.

Please give me links for SM Player version 0.6.8 with older M Player in it.
Hood

Postby rvm » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby Hood » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:04 pm

Hood

Postby redxii » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Those are extra codecs, normally you dont need them, not for MKV or MP3.

Are MKV and MP3 the only filetypes that crash?

smplayer-0.#.#-win32.exe include MPlayer but 0.8.0 is the first in a long time to include a new version but the "webdl" still downloads an older version. Confused yet.
redxii

Postby Hood » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Hood

Return to General