[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - SMPlayer with MPlayer2 issue

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

SMPlayer with MPlayer2 issue

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

SMPlayer with MPlayer2 issue

Postby TT1 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:44 pm

Using SMPlayer with MPlayer2 from: http://mplayer2.srsfckn.biz/
The Demuxer list in Info is blank. The Codec lists are fine. Can this be fixed?
Thanks.
TT1

Re: SMPlayer with MPlayer2 issue

Postby rvm » Fri May 04, 2012 12:49 am

I think it's fixed in r4311.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby TT1 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks. I'll look forward to trying it when I find a Win32 version posted somewhere...
TT1

Postby redxii » Sat May 05, 2012 8:58 am

redxii

Postby TT1 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:51 pm

Many thanks for providing this, redxii. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to run on WinXP-sp1. I get an immediate error message when tring to run smplayer.exe...

smplayer.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (oxc00000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Is a new tool being used to build smplayer.exe?
TT1

Postby rvm » Mon May 07, 2012 9:25 pm

I don't know why that fails, but you can try this one:
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/smplayer/windo ... n_r4315.7z
rvm
Site Admin

Postby TT1 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:28 pm

Hmmm... same thing happens. I haven't made any changes to my system .. no new programs installed, no updates, no anti-virus programs, nothing. I rebooted, of course, and even tried running it from an external drive .. same results. I then tried it on a different but similar computer running an early version of XP, and the problem happened there, as well. The static version 0.8.0 works just fine (on anything I try it on).

I seem to remember seeing that message before when trying to run a program that required .NET framework which I do NOT have installed (and won't). This new version doesn't require .NET, does it? Were there any other changes made to the code or tools that could be suspect?

BTW, in case this helps, the message happens twice, once when I try to launch, and once again after clicking the OK button. The second OK then terminates the program. And all of this takes place before mplayer or anything else is loaded.

Here's the total message in the event log...
"Application popup: smplayer.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

There are multiple references to this message on the web, but the causes mentined are somewhat ambiguous and non-specific.

Thanks for your help.
TT1

Postby redxii » Tue May 08, 2012 12:42 am

redxii

Postby redxii » Tue May 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Worked for me even in XP with no service packs. I'll upload again, look later for a newer installer.
redxii

Postby TT1 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:55 pm

I might have misunderstood your reference to looking for an installer, but it's not the installer that's causing the trouble. I extracted the smplayer.exe file with UniversalExtractor since I didn't want to 'install' it. Rvm's zipped version 4315 has the problem as well. I'm truly puzzled since this is the first time I've had a problem like this with smplayer.
TT1

Return to General