This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

MPlayer command line options?

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

MPlayer command line options?

Postby taezou » Thu May 10, 2012 4:11 am

Is it possible to send command line options to MPlayer somehow via the command line of SMPlayer? Or is there a way to seek to a specific time via the command line? I know MPlayer has -ss, which is exactly what I want, but I haven't found a way to send that to MPlayer via SMPlayer. SMPlayer seems to have -send-action jump_to, but it asks me to input a time code, and I'd rather do that via the command line so I can automate it.
taezou

Re: MPlayer command line options?

Postby avih » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Bumping. For the record, I also tried smplayer -actions "ss 12:00" and smplayer -send-action "ss 12:00" (mplayer supports mplayer -ss 12:00 for open and seek to). I couldn't make it work for smplayer.

FWIW, I found worked around using another player (MPC), but it would still be nice if it's also possible with smplayer.
avih

Re: MPlayer command line options?

Postby frankvii » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:10 am

I too was having a problem using the -ss command option however I wasn't trying to use it as part of starting SMPlayer. Instead, under SMPlayer Option/Preferences/Advanced there is a "Options for MPlayer" section. I tried using the -ss option there but it did not work. The suggested -flip option DID work so that field seems to work (but just not for -ss). However, I did find a way to make it work in the Option/Preferences/General section. There you should see mplayer/mplayer.exe in the Mplayer executable line. Place quotes around what is written there and then add your -ss command. So mine came out looking like this:
"mplayer/mplayer.exe" -ss 60
With this in, my videos start up at the 60 second point (I recorded almost all my videos with an extra minute of padding). I rarely need the padding but like to have it on the rare occasions the show starts a little earlier than expected. Hope this helps someone because I certainly found nothing about this through my Googling.
frankvii

Return to General