[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Problem with black borders

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Problem with black borders

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: Problem with black borders

Postby redxii » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:46 am

Turns out I did have one and it does crash on DTS (dca) audio.
redxii

Postby Sohrab » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:25 am

Thanks! Although it doesn't solve the problem now we know that it's not just me. :)

Later on, I'll check all the other MKVs I have and let you know. Is there a way to turn off all audio in MKVs so that I can check whether the videos themselves run without DTS?
Sohrab

Postby Sohrab » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:04 am

Ok, I checked all of my MKVs. Those with DTS all crash and the log shows "INFO: libavcodec "dca" init OK!" for all of them. H264 videos in both containers, MKV and MP4, using AAC or MPEG-2/MPEG-4 audio play fine.
Sohrab

Postby Sohrab » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:38 pm

With the r35248 build the crash on DTS audio problem is fixed. However, the problem with the black borders remains unresolved. Nevertheless, thanks for your help so far, Redxii.
Sohrab

Postby Sohrab » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 pm

I filed a bug report on MPlayer's Bugzilla page more than a week ago. However, I don't think any of the developers even noticed. Most bugs from 2010 are still listed as new.
Sohrab

Postby redxii » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:18 am

redxii

Postby Sohrab » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Will do. Thanks for the advice!
Sohrab

Postby Sohrab » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:25 am

Turned out one of the developer did notice my bug report and asked me to provide a command line that reproduces the problem. I tried using mplayer -fs -ass -ass-bottom-margin 200 -ass-top-margin 200 -ass-use-margins [path/]filename, but this did not reproduce the problem. I'm guessing SMPlayer passes a whole lot more options to MPlayer. Could anybody provide me with the options SMPlayer passes with its default settings for Windows and the "Add black borders" option enabled, or at least tell me how I can figure these out?
Sohrab

Postby rvm » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:50 am

You can see all the options that smplayer passes to mplayer in Options -> View logs -> MPlayer.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Sohrab » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:08 am

Thanks!
Sohrab

PreviousNext

Return to General