This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Audio Syncing problems. is it me or the files? i dont know

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Audio Syncing problems. is it me or the files? i dont know

Postby dnst3 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? well, i made an account here today because i've been noticing some strange goings on. the files i've been trying to view on smp 080 that is. i just updated to 080 64x though. i'd say 50 to 60% or more of the videos i watched needed positive or negative audio delay. most of them seem to need a negative delay to become sync'd and watchable. the only reason i wanted to update this morning is because i was finally fed up with this issue. i thought it might be the files and know this to happen. however i compared my watching on my older machine and a vista machine. durring those plays i never really needed to adjust the audio delay. just once in a while. so here i am trying to narrow down the issue. maybe it's my hardware, software, pc, smp or the files. my money is on software of some sort or something. anyhow, i've exhausted my novice troubling shootin'. i'm hoping i could get some help from you all. i can say though, my older machines had the cccp codec pack. i didn't bother to install that here. it's too complicated for me. too many bells and misunderstood whistles? i guess i'd call it al'natural or something... i would of installed the x86 version to try it but... it came with some marked software. marked as in possible adware that isn't good. my antiviri wouldnt let it downloaded the latest mplayer library thingies either. it would just stall because of the adware it came with. sorry for the long read. i don't know what else to add though. thanks for any help in advance :)
dnst3

Re: Audio Syncing problems. is it me or the files? i dont kn

Postby rvm » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:31 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby dnst3 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:38 am

ok i had to uninstall the x64 version to install this one. i was going to test the same file and now smp reports "mplayer has finished unexpectedly. exit code 1"
not sure what's happening... jeez. the files i tried playing played before. this happened with each one i tried playing too. what happened?

i did as you all told someone else with problems, delete the ini to reset smplayer settings. this didnt last long though. one file played fine and the rest continued to give me the same error. i then decided to unstall 081 again and remove any other files i can find of smplayer. i found 2 folders. .smplayer and .smtube. i will be deleting those 2. they were in the c\users directory. i will then try again with the videos. :|
dnst3

Postby gymka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:52 am

i have same problem. few thoughts about it:
eg. i start episode1.avi(smplayer to playlist adds all rest episodes) everything is ok, then episode1.avi is finished smplayer starts episode2.avi and then starts audio sync problems. If i get out of fullscreen and come back to fullscreen everything works as it should again. with 0.8.0 there was no such problem.

archlinux x64, MPlayer SVN-r35014-4.7.1
gymka

Postby rvm » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 am

I think I didn't change anything that could affect the audio between 0.8.0 and 0.8.1.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby gymka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:29 am

maybe everything worked in older version:) i'm translator, 90% of software in my PC is compiled from GIT/SVN :D everything was ok, and today not everything is ok:) personally i don't care about this, but such bug/error/incompatibility exists.

EDIT: i'm thinking here... in my case it's possible that after install smplayer restored default settings. without checked "allow hard frame drop" setting, my smplayer from time to time loses audio and video sync.(my pc it's older then time itself)
gymka

Postby dnst3 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:37 am

i guess my success was from deleting the files and folders. things seem ok now. thanks for your help guys :)
dnst3

Return to General