[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - ASAP Help: C drive scanning of fonts for long time for files

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

ASAP Help: C drive scanning of fonts for long time for files

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

ASAP Help: C drive scanning of fonts for long time for files

Postby vampelle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:28 pm

this recently happens, when i installed windows 7 and i guess vlc and k lite.
when i used to run in windows xp with these other program they were no scanning for fonts and would not take long.

now the same file - movie will play in vlc and mpc without any problem while for smplayer i have to wait at least a min before it start to play. which is annoying.

i am using smplayer 0.8.1 version extract file. and it extract to x86 program files.

so please tell me how to get this issue resolved fast as i would like to keep smplayer. as i have found it better for playing 1080p while vlc have issues with 1080p in my system.

oh it is Dell Optiplex 620 and windows 7 64 bit is running smoothly and little bit faster as well

hope you can help
vampelle

Re: ASAP Help: C drive scanning of fonts for long time for f

Postby rvm » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm

The font cache should be done only once. If it is done every time you try to play a video then it's a malfunction of mplayer. The versions of smplayer usually include diferent versions of mplayer. Could you try or one of the and see if the problem still happens?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby redxii » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 am

If you extracted the portable version to Program Files it will keep scanning fonts because it can't write the cache file in that folder. If that is the case move smplayer to your documents folder or other personal folder.
redxii

Postby vampelle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:32 am

i had download the full version with youtube one.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/smplay ... ps-x86.exe

i will try 0.8.0 right now and see what's happens
vampelle

Postby vampelle » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 am

0.8.0 not scanning the fonts but not playing either???????
what is happening could it be because my windows 7 is 64 bits???
vampelle

Postby rvm » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:37 am

Could you send the mplayer log after trying to play a file? (Options -> View logs)
rvm
Site Admin

Postby redxii » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:44 am

redxii

Postby vampelle » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 am

it finally works after mine or so , and after that it is working fine but i have seem to notice that the audio is lower than before and even lower than vlc player now..
how to fix this?

the video quality is low as well than vlc player and mpc
help in this as well

oh and i use built in graphic, not external. and please note in windows xp it was the great and now in windows 7 is on the third number after mpc and vlc.
vampelle

Postby redxii » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:34 am

In Windows 7 (also true of Vista) the audio is lower than XP for some reason.

Change Max Amplification in the Audio settings (Option - Preferences - Audio tab - enable 'Software volume control') to 200.

Try a different video driver in the Video tab (direct3d - directx (Fast) - gl or gl2/gl_tiled (gl2 was renamed, depends on what version you're using) and enabling 'postprocessing by default'.
redxii

Return to General