[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - How to configure external codecs?????

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

How to configure external codecs?????

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

How to configure external codecs?????

Postby myself » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Yup, im trying to configure external codecs to use in smplayer, but it seems, sadly it cant be done. Or i am missing someting?? i stop using kmplayer because every release gets worse, and i discovered this nice player and i was going to make the jump to smplayer, when i realized that the external codecs cant be configured to use within the player¿??????. Is this true omg??
myself

Re: How to configure external codecs?????

Postby rvm » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 pm

MPlayer, which is the application that smplayer uses for playback, uses its own codecs for the most usual formats. For other formats you can install some additional binary codecs. The smplayer installer offers the user the possibility to install those codecs.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby myself » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 pm

myself

Postby rvm » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Options -> View info and properties. There you can select the video and audio codec, but only among those supported by mplayer. In Prefereces -> Performance you can enable CoreAVC.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby myself » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 pm

myself

Return to General