This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

smplayer skinable GUI issue on fedora 17

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

smplayer skinable GUI issue on fedora 17

Postby malang » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Hello,

I am a user of smplayer on Fedora, currently using it on Fedora 17. The rpmfusion repository contains only the smplayer rpm package. There is no rpm for themes or skins. The themes issue is easy to handle and I just download the themes tar package and untar it in /usr/share/smplayer/. Everything appears in smplayer and I can change the icon set and style, however, doing the same with the skins folder does not work. I downloaded the skins folder and extracted it to /usr/share/smplayer but I couldn't see any skin in the skins drop down menu under the interface. Furthermore, the skinnable GUI option is disabled in smplayer. Could somebody guide me how can I get the skins work for my smplayer installation on fedora linux.
malang

Re: smplayer skinable GUI issue on fedora 17

Postby Sourcefan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Hello Malang,

Don't have much experience with Linux myself, however I will try to give an answer.
Looking at the contents of smplayer-skins-20121029.tar.bz2 it seems likely the skins are currently in:
/usr/share/smplayer/smplayer-skins-20121029/themes

SMPlayer “looks” for the skins in:
/usr/share/smplayer/themes

If the above assumption is correct the solution will be to copy – paste the contents of the red themes folder into the green themes folder.

Make sure SMPlayer is completely closed and start SMPlayer again.

Success.

Sourcefan
Sourcefan

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 am

After copying the the folders in skins to /usr/share/smplayer/ I was able to get all the skins in smplayer options.

Thanks for the tip sourcefan, worked like a charm. :D

Postby malang » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:05 pm

After copying the folders inside skin into /usr/share/smplayer/themes/ I was able to change the skins. Thanks for the tip sourcefan. :)
malang

Return to General