[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - SMPlayer wont find subtitles anymore

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

SMPlayer wont find subtitles anymore

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

SMPlayer wont find subtitles anymore

Postby rey.abc » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:46 pm

The program was working perfectly until about 2 months ago, it stopped finding subtitles, could find none, zero! Then i thought the servers or something might be having some problems since i could find them going to the website (opensubtitles.org). So i decided to wait to see if it'd get corrected. Well its been 2 months now and it still doesnt work for me, i even updated the software (0.8.4 now) and the problem persist!

Notice how it says 0 subtitles are available, yet if i go throught the website they do appear... This is what i mean :|
rey.abc

Re: SMPlayer wont find subtitles anymore

Postby rvm » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:30 pm

SMPlayer calculates a hash from the video and then asks for subtitles to opensubtitles using the simplexml method, something like this:

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... /simplexml

Maybe simplexml is not working properly or it has been deprecated. I asked in the opensubtitles forum for information about the issue.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby rey.abc » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:28 am

Thank you very much, i want to address that this is not only happening to me. It's happening to everyone who i told about this program (we all love it because this sweet feauture). In total its 3PC and 1Laptop, all with the same problem. Hope there is a fix!
rey.abc

Postby rvm » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:11 am

The possibility to download subtitles is an essential feature of smplayer and so it will be fixed.

Now I'm trying to implement the XML-RPC method to get the subtitles. Unfortunately this will require a lot of changes in the code and so far it's very hard. First I had to find a XML-RPC library for Qt 4 which works. Some were very old, some didn't compile, some were unfinished, some didn't behave as expected...

After 5 hours of work I finally have a test code that can connect to opensubtitles.org and get a list of available subtitles and the download link.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby rey.abc » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Alright, it will be fixed in a future update then. Thanks for the info, i will be waiting for the update :)
rey.abc

Postby rvm » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 am

SMPlayer svn r5330

subtitles.png
subtitles.png (125.29 KiB) Viewed 3798 times

Some things, like proxy, still not working.
rvm
Site Admin

Return to General