[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Automatic forced upgrades NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR BETTER PLAYER

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Automatic forced upgrades NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR BETTER PLAYER

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Automatic forced upgrades NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR BETTER PLAYER

Postby sofaking » Sat May 04, 2013 3:13 pm

I found this forum because I wanted to know how to disable the automatic updates. I followed the directions that I found, and, by the way, I have never had to go into the program lines of any software to alter
something so common. I expect my freeware and open source tools to respect my privacy and particular likes. I would have no problem with this player upgrading incessantly without my permission if it didn't REMOVE
ALL MY PREFERENCES!!!

So, having done my part, working within this forum and even rewriting the line in the software only to find that it has somehow fixed itself and is once again forcing updates on me, I am asking this forum for suggestions of any player out there that does all the great things that SMPlayer does but does not force updates on it, especially updates that remove all my time spent preferences.

Sincerely,
SofaKing
sofaking

Re: Automatic forced upgrades NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR BETTER PL

Postby rvm » Sat May 04, 2013 9:46 pm

Where did you get smplayer? It seems to me you're not using the official packages from .

The official packages don't automatically update the software (from 0.8.4 it notifies the user when a new version is available, but that's all, there are no automatically updates). And installing a new version doesn't remove the preferences at all.
rvm
Site Admin

Re: Automatic forced upgrades NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR BETTER PL

Postby sofaking » Sat May 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Well!Good question...it's only been several months...I have no idea where it came from, but this information is very useful and revealing! If my latest fix doesn't work, I will try your link. Thank you!
sofaking

Return to General