This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Improve ease of use / access

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Improve ease of use / access

Postby videoguyr » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:01 am

I have a couple requests for improving the features of SMPlayer. I use wmp a lot but like SMPlayer better, however SMPLayer does not have a toolbar control dock option like WMP does. The minimize/maximize window is irritating when changing radio stations or for stop/play and volume, could these controls be docked when minimized to the system toolbar similar to wmp11?

Secondly, some low resolution flv files (and others) have pixelated or distorted areas during playback. Currently SMPlayer has an option under 'Filters' for Blur / Sharpen. However Blur is TOO STRONG and sharp is as well. Can we get a slider option similar to the video EQ? The filters just don't smooth it out to the right level. Blur works but needs to be set about half or 2/3 of current strength. This would make SMPLayer far more versatile for more media quality types. I have tried linear blend to no effect. Sharpness controls added to the Video EQ would be ideal.

Thank-you for your consideration of these options.
Should be fairly easy to implement for the right programmer.

Please let me know if this will happen in future releases, I really need this usability, thanks again.
videoguyr

Return to General