[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Fullscreen stretches instead of fitting on secondary monitor

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Fullscreen stretches instead of fitting on secondary monitor

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Fullscreen stretches instead of fitting on secondary monitor

Postby Cavi Mike » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:35 pm

When I open a video, it automatically goes fullscreen on my secondary monitor(TV) while also giving me the full control panel and video on my primary. Unfortunately it stretches the video on my secondary. So far the only way I've been able to view anything in its proper aspect on my TV is if I change the output driver to gl but this gets rid of the video on my TV altogether and I'm forced to move the player over and go fullscreen. Is this even supposed to automatically go fullscreen over there in the first place? I wish I could get a screen capture but the image never saves, it's just black.
pearls ain't free
Cavi Mike

Re: Fullscreen stretches instead of fitting on secondary monitor

Postby rvm » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:23 pm

What OS are you using?

How is the secondary monitor configured? (clone, extended desktop...)

Have you tried to change the monitor aspect in preferences -> advanced?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Cavi Mike » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:57 pm

XP Pro SP2

Extended 1024x768

Tried Auto and every ratio.

I found that if I select Video -> Screen -> '2' that they reverse and I get a stretched image on my primary and the windowed player on my TV. I also just noticed that this screen capture is showing my opened Music Videos window but I couldn't see that when I did this screen capture, I could only see the video that was playing. My monitor(primary) is lower left, TV(secondary) is upper right. Click the image for a full-size resolution.

I'm starting to think this is a bit of a glitch and quite honestly, I'll take it just like this because the only time I can really notice the image is stretched is on 16:9 videos.
pearls ain't free
Cavi Mike

Postby rvm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:47 am

Let me see if I understand well... The video should be displayed inside the smplayer window, not in other place. If it does, that's not intended. Do you have by any chance the option "Run mplayer in its own windows" (preferences -> advanced) enabled?

I think what you should do is:
* select "direct3d" as video output driver in preferences -> general -> video
* move the smplayer window to the secondary monitor
* start the playback and switch to fullscreen

That should display the video properly in the secondary monitor.

If the image doesn't have the proper aspect ratio, select "4:3" as monitor aspect in preferences -> advanced.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Cavi Mike » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:08 am

The video is displayed in both places. Stretched fullscreen on one monitor, windowed on the other. For some reason a screen-capture won't capture what's being played, I'll try to take a picture of it.

*edit*

pearls ain't free
Cavi Mike

Postby rvm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:09 am

Then I think the video to the second monitor is send by your graphic card on its own. I think many graphic cards can be configured to send the overlay video to a selected screen, I guess you have configured it that way.

I suggest again to change the video output in the smplayer preferences from directx to direct3d (that should disable overlay). And then move the smplayer window to the 2nd monitor. I think that way fullscreen should work ok.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Cavi Mike » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:20 am

Ha! That's right, I set my video card to do this a long time ago but it didn't work with VLC, WinAMP or WMP so I totally forgot about it! :lol:
I just switched to this player the other day because VLC was giving me headaches. Good look. Image
pearls ain't free
Cavi Mike

Return to General