This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Route command line args to mplayer/mpv

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Route command line args to mplayer/mpv

Postby leznik » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:25 am

Hello,
I'm using SMPlayer in my dedicated home cinema for several years now - so fist of all: I thank all contributors very much.

Now I've made some changes and needed some updates on SMPlayer. One was the routing of command line arguments for mplayer/mpv, so I've add this to SMPlayer. Now I can pass the parameter for mpv directly by command line e.g.:

smplayer.exe -passparam --ss=00:30:00 -passparam --sws-scaler=spline -passparam --vf=scale=1920:-2,unsharp=5:5:1.1,noise=3 -fullscreen .....

This is working quite well and I'm able to adjust image processing by source (HD/SD) and many other things. As I'm lazy ;) I'm wondering if this would not be nice for many others (and so I don't have to patch this into new versions)? I din'd put this in development, because I did the hack in a very short time without understanding how SMPlayer is organized, so it is probably not very clean. After this is only a few lines of code may be someone who knows what he is doing can add this in a future version? If it is helpful of course I can provide the patch.
leznik

Re: Route command line args to mplayer/mpv

Postby rasz_pl » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Im interested in your patch, I need to pass referrer and cookies to mplayer, no point reinventing the wheel if you already managed to do something similar. Would greatly appreciate you sharing the changes.
rasz_pl

Return to General