[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Sending video to separate X screen

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Sending video to separate X screen

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Sending video to separate X screen

Postby Airbete » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi,

I have a 3 display setup: two of them are joined together as screen :0.0 and the other one (a TV) is screen :0.1.

In "Smplayer / Send video to screen" they are listed as
1- DVI-I-1 (primary screen)
2- DVI-D-0
3- HDMI-0

1- and 2- is X screen :0.0 while 3- is X screen :0.1.
If I select 1- or 2-, the video is sent to the correct monitor. However, if I select 3-, the video is sent to 2- instead. I have no way of sending the video to the TV.

If I use mplayer as a backend, I can get around this by adding the "MPlayer/mpv option": -display :0.1.
If I use mpv as a backend (which I would like to), I am unable to send the video to the TV. The "MPlayer/mpv option" "--screen N" doesn't work (it doesn't work from the command line either).

Is this a bug? What can I do?

smplayer-16.9.0-1.fc24.x86_64
mpv-0.20.0-2.fc24.x86_64
mplayer-1.3.0-1.fc24.x86_64
Fedora 24
Airbete

Re: Sending video to separate X screen

Postby rvm » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:01 pm

SMPlayer uses functions from the Qt library to get the coordinates of the available screens (you can see detailed information in View -> Information about connected screens) so if this is not working properly I think it might be a bug in Qt. Or maybe SMPlayer is not placing the window in the correct position. Could you send the info from the option View -> Information about connected screens?
rvm
Site Admin

Postby Airbete » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:46 pm

Airbete

Postby rvm » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:09 am

SMPlayer can only place the video window on a screen if it's part of an extended desktop. It seems your 3rd screen is not within the extended desktop so SMPlayer can't move the window there.
rvm
Site Admin

Return to General