[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - SMPlayer 16.8 and 16.9 Playlist regression

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

SMPlayer 16.8 and 16.9 Playlist regression

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: SMPlayer 16.8 and 16.9 Playlist regression

Postby rvm » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:38 pm

I think it might be a problem with sorting but I still can't reproduce it. What column are you using for sorting?
Is it necessary that the filenames be Movie.S01E01.mkv, Movie.S01E02.mkv... or does it happen as well with other kind of filenames?

If I can't reproduce it I can't fix it.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby DVV » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:15 pm

I've experimented with adding completely different files, including several files from subfolders.
The order of the files remains in the Playlist - so I assume it's either "no sorting" or "sorting by order". I did not change anything in Playlist's sorting myself, so I assume it's the default sorting option.
Each time SMPlayer restarts, I observe the very same problem: current item position in the Playlist is changed from the one counted from the top of the Playlist to the one counted from the end of the Playlist. Also I noticed that the current item position in the Playlist is already changed when SMPlayer has just started. Here is what I mean:
- let's say we have 10 items in the Playlist and the current one is the 3rd;
- SMPlayer exits and the value saved to "playlist.ini" is current_item=2;
- SMPlayer starts - and immediately the current item in its Playlist is 8th.
So the problem seems to happen when the Playlist is initialized.

If it still can't be reproduced, I'll try to look into SMPlayer's sources.
DVV

Postby DVV » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:50 pm

DVV

Postby rvm » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:30 pm

I think the problem might be in Playlist::loadSettings(), maybe when setting the sorting options the selected item is changed.

Anyway I still can't reproduce the problem. Could you tell me how you do it? I add several files to the playlist, play the first one, play next, stop, close smplayer, open it again: the selected item is the second one as expected.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby DVV » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:00 am

Yes, this is the very same as I do: start SMPlayer from scratch, add several files to the Playlist by clicking its "+" several times and each time selecting one random video file.
Then exit SMPlayer (it does not matter whether the Playlist is still shown or hidden), restart it - and the order of the files in the Playlist is exactly the same as before the exit, but the current item position is changed.
DVV

Postby DVV » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:52 pm

I've additionally experimented with Playlist sorted by name.
Sometimes the current position in the playlist was preserved, but most of the time the current position changed in unpredictable manner.
For example, when I exited SMPlayer with 1st item as the current one, it was preserved after the restarting. But if the current item was the 4th in the Playlist of 4 items, after the restart I had 3rd item as the current one. Then, after restarting, 2nd one. Then 4th again, then 3rd again, then 2nd again - and so on: 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> ...
The exact behavior seems to depend on the number of items in the playlist and on the order in which they were added.
Mysterious.
DVV

Postby DVV » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:33 pm

I think additional logging would help to understand and fix the problem. (If this problem did not disturb me, I woudn't write about it here.)
Because what we did in old times and still do when debugger is not available?.. Right, we use logs and/or console (or GUI) messages.
DVV

Postby rvm » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:31 pm

It's just that I can't reproduce the issue. For me it works fine. I can't see that the current item changes after a restart.
If I could see the problem I will probably be able to fix it in 5 minutes.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby DVV » Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Well, I think I'll try the long and painful way then. As far as I understand, I need to download MinGW+QT and then hope it will allow me to build SMPlayer from sources. If that succeeds, I'll start to experiment with additional logging.
DVV

Postby rvm » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:56 pm

Does the problem happen if you turn on the option "auto sort" in preferences -> playlist?
rvm
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General