This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Preferences window - actions buttons corrupted

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Preferences window - actions buttons corrupted

Postby armaggedon51 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:45 am

Hello, first post !

I use SMplayer for a while now and it works perfectly. The only strange issue that I have is that the three buttons (Apply, Forget, OK) in the Preferences (Options) window are replaced by textured squares. It is the same thing with all the buttons in different windows, like "Open Files". I though it was because of my video card but I saw the problem also on my sister laptop. Everything works fine beside that strange one. No one have seen that ? It is fine on the same machine (dual boot) running Mint Cinnamon 17.3 (open source driver)
Tx

Linux Mint Cinnamon 18
Video Card ATI HD5550 (nouveau driver)
Smplayer 16.11

Her's ;
Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3
Video card Intel I54xxx?
armaggedon51

Re: Preferences window - actions buttons corrupted

Postby rvm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:41 am

The icons and texts from those buttons are provided by the Qt library. So I guess it could be a problem with the Qt style (or GTK).

Try changing the Qt style, in preferences -> interface -> style.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby armaggedon51 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 pm

You are right on the money. I played with the styles, out of the 7 styles only Plastique and Cleanlook produce the effect.
More investigation, Mint Cinnamon 18 (18.1) use QT 4.8.7 and have the problem using the nouveau driver. However my other computer running Cinnamon 18 does not have it but run the Nvidia driver.
Mint Cinnamon 17.3 use Qt 4.8.6 and does not have the problem as I can see.

Wierd but now It is working fine. Thank !

Btw funny that the SMplayer Cinnamon and KDE version have the action buttons of the preferences window at different places. May be it will be a good idea to standardise.
-> Cinnamon : Apply-Abandon-Ok
-> Kde : Ok-Apply-Abandon
armaggedon51

Postby armaggedon51 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:21 am

Btw the clementine music player in Mint Cinnamon 18, which also use QT 4.8.7 version also present similar graphic corruption in the menus and the left side band.
armaggedon51

Return to General