[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Global shortcuts

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Global shortcuts

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Global shortcuts

Postby colibris79 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:50 am

Hi,
I've been trying to use the global shortcuts but I haven't been able to find out how :oops: . Under Preferences-Keyboard/mouse I just have the normal shortcuts and they don't work when Smplayer is not as the active window. I'm using Smplayer 17.2.0 under Mint 17.3 (Ubuntu 14.04)
colibris79

Re: Global shortcuts

Postby rvm » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:32 am

The global shortcuts only work when SMPlayer is compiled with Qt 5.
You can find packages compiled with Qt 5 for Ubuntu here:
http://software.opensuse.org/download.h ... e=smplayer
rvm
Site Admin

Postby colibris79 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 am

Hi rvm. Thanks for the answer. I've installed the one with qt5 but haven't been able to use them yet :?
colibris79

Postby rvm » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:10 pm

You need to enable the option "use the multimedia keys as global shortcuts" in preferences -> keyboard and mouse.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby colibris79 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 pm

I did. I guess it is because this keyboard has the multimedia keys with the Fn key. Is there any way to set other keys apart from the multimedia ones to the global shortcuts?
EDIT: I've tried the keyboard with vlc and the multimedia keys work. Also tried with another keyboard with multimedia keys and they work in vlc but not in Smplayer. Anything else I could change?
colibris79

Postby rvm » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:29 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby colibris79 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:07 am

colibris79

Postby rvm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:54 pm

rvm
Site Admin

Postby colibris79 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:12 pm

I don't know, maybe there was something wrong with the installation?. I downloaded the deb package from the page you mentioned.
colibris79

Postby rvm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:08 pm

I don't think it's an installation problem.
Maybe your computer is returning different key codes than the ones that smplayer expects.

I can give you the test application I used to implement this feature, it displays the key codes of the keys as you press them. But you would have to compile it.
rvm
Site Admin

Next

Return to General