This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

m4v files not playing

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

m4v files not playing

Postby mhoople » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:42 pm

I reduced a video size using Handspring. It put out a m4v file. I can't get it to play using mpv or mplayer. Is there a setting I can change or a way to get Handspring to put out mp4 and still reduce the size? Thanks
mhoople

Re: m4v files not playing

Postby rvm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:10 pm

Can you send the mplayer/mpv log after trying to play that video? I guess there'll be an error message there.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby mhoople » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:26 pm

[quote][/quote]
Yesterday it wouldn't play. I tried switching from mpv to mplayer then. Today, after the laptop was restarted or whatever is different it plays fine. Will keep you posted if it changes. Thanks for the reply.
mhoople

Postby mhoople » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 pm

[quote][/quote]
I'm having a problem, similar , if not the same. The video's just freeze whether I use mplayer or mpv player. The video plays using vlc no problem. Other times, if it plays and gets to the end, I can't replay the video. I downloaded the latest version and installed it over the old one. Enclosing the log. Thanks for any info.
Attachments
mplayer log mp4 video from camera.log
(3.76 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
mhoople

Postby rvm » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:40 pm

The log doesn't show any error. Although the log shows that you're also trying to play a file named "pl_shuffle true". You should check the smplayer configuration (preferences -> advanced) and remove that.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby mhoople » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:51 pm

Thanks for the reply. For 2 days it's really been unable to play videos. Yesterday I saw (for the 1st time) that Youtube videos weren't playing in the browser either. So I thought it must be the video card. Tried to update Nvidea drivers (without luck). Strangely no problem playing videos in vlc player yesterday. Even stranger, today videos play fine both on smplayer and youtube and I don't know that I did anything? We'll see. Anyway thanks for the tip on that shuffle setting, I'll change it.
mhoople

Return to General