[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - YouTube completely broken (again)

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

YouTube completely broken (again)

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

YouTube completely broken (again)

Postby sadata » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:04 am

Can't play YouTube videos as of today. Every attempt results in an "Unable to locate the URL for this video" error message. I understand that this may be due to changes made on the YouTube side, but funny thing is youtube-dl never breaks this way (i.e. I can still download using the very same URL that SMPlayer complains about), so seems like something needs to change in the way SMPlayer retrieves YouTube video to make it more resilient to changes. Also, there used to be a menu option for updating the YouTube code, but that seems to be gone in the latest version (17.12.0), so I guess we're out of luck and need to wait for another release?
sadata

Re: YouTube completely broken (again)

Postby rvm » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:27 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby JustAQuestion » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:57 am

retrieveyoutubeurl.h:
All sources of such a file I found with Google didn't have such a line and even if I had found the correct file I'd not know how to proceed after applying the fix as compiling or C++ are nothing I'v been in contact with, so far.

VLC is currently functional and not affected somehow.
JustAQuestion

Postby JustAQuestion » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:02 am

---
(Accidently posted twice due to something weird not causing the 1st posting to apear.)
Last edited by JustAQuestion on Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustAQuestion

Postby Arararararararagii » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:40 am

Arararararararagii

Postby j7n » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 am

YouTube literally broke today. SMPlayer has been the only way that I can watch for the past year, without skips and dropped frames.

Is this tweak to retrieveyoutubeurl.h something we can make, or do we have to download and install a new version of SMPlayer with all the DLLs, etc. to effect this change? I'm worried that I won't be able to run then on Windows XP.

It seems that VideoLAN 2.2.4 still opens most streams without any recent updates to it. That is strange, because I abandoned VLC some time ago when it stopped working.
j7n

Postby rvm » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:39 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:28 pm

I've just uploaded version 17.12.0.8872 (with the fix) for Windows:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/smplay ... /Unstable/
rvm
Site Admin

Postby JustAQuestion » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:44 pm

JustAQuestion

Postby j7n » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Thank you for the quick response. It works again with existing older mpv.exe.
j7n

Next

Return to General