[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - YouTube completely broken (again)

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

YouTube completely broken (again)

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Re: YouTube completely broken (again)

Postby silva » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 pm

The A-B repeat function works for me too. But I don't want to repeat the A-B section of the video, I just want to define points A and B, play from A to B once, and when reaching point B to stop playing and exit SMPlayer.
This was possible before (having checked "Close when finished playback" option in General settings). Now it's just not working: when I set the B point nothing happens; instead, before the YT changes, the player returned to point A and started play until point B, and then shuting down.
silva

Postby rvm » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:51 pm

I see.
I'll try to find a solution.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby silva » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:16 am

Thank you and I hope you find a solution. I don't remember if I mentioned earlier that before the Youtube changes, the Multimedia engine I was using (in General settings) was mplayer. Now that mplayer crashes when seeking and I'm forced to use mpv for Youtube streams, it's not working the way I want. I don't know if A-B play with mpv was working before, I had never switched to mpv as Multimedia engine until now.

Another strange thing (irrelevant to the previous) I've noticed when using mpv as Multimedia engine is that, when the reproduction of a Youtube stream starts, my Internet download speed maximizes (1,6 MB/s) because SMPlayer begins to download the entire video with full speed and it seems that won't stop downloading until it downloads it all. I solved this by unchecking "Auto" in Performance -> Cache settings, leaving the values at their defaults.
But when using mplayer with Auto Cache settings, this is not happening.
Of course I don't know if this can be called a problem, I just mention it because it seems a bit strange to me.
silva

Postby rvm » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:31 am

The purpose of the A-B section options is to loop a part of a video and I think mpv does it fine. However mplayer doesn't actually have options for that, and smplayer tries to do it by using other options, and the result is not perfect. It just happened that it worked by chance the way you wanted.

In I've just added an option that emulates the behavoir of mplayer when using mpv. Edit smplayer.ini, look for emulate_mplayer_ab_section and set it to true. (Modifications in smplayer.ini must be done when smplayer is not running or it would overwrite them)
rvm
Site Admin

Postby stevo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:14 pm

This is sort of unrelated, but it looks like Debian and thus Ubuntu missed some soname bumps they should have done with ffmpeg 3.4.X. For example, libavcodec57 should have been libavcodec58, and the libraries inside should have been 58 versions.

This is based on the FTBFS errors I get when trying to build mpv 0.28 against the Debian 3.4.1 libraries and what non-Debian distros have named the packages. A workaround would be to build mpv with an internal ffmpeg, but that's not the most elegant solution. :(
stevo

Postby silva » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:56 pm

silva

Postby rvm » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:14 pm

I don't know, the download is done by mpv. I suggest to set the cache in auto in the smplayer configuration and then try to adjust the cache using the mpv options:
https://mpv.io/manual/stable/#cache

You can pass options to mpv in preferences -> advanced -> mplayer/mpv -> options.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby silva » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:28 pm

Thank you for your suggestions. It seems I've managed to set it right. The command --cache-secs=<seconds> is the one I've used.
Now everything works fine. Thanks again. :)
silva

Postby pklaus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:30 pm

pklaus

Postby stevo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Managed to compile mpv 0.28 packages with internal ffmpeg for the Stretch-based MX Linux 17 testing repository, and I can confirm that it fixes the Youtube live stream problem. I adapted from it from the trusty-multimedia PPA, but had to get rid of its build-dependency on clang-5.0 so I could use the standard gcc instead.

I see you also build packages on the openSUSE Build Service. I recently found out that I can now switch on armv71 and aarch64 repository support for Debian 9 packages by editing the repository in the web interface. I haven't tested if that works for any other distros. I also saw something on their mailing list about how we can now add Debian testing (Debian:next) by manually editing our "meta" xml file, but haven't figured that out.
stevo

PreviousNext

Return to General