This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Change File Chooser From QT To GTK+ Linux

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Change File Chooser From QT To GTK+ Linux

Postby annoyingduck » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:52 pm

I have SMPlayer installed on all my Arch XFCE machines, and by default it uses the GTK file chooser when selecting a file. I just did an install of Manjaro XFCE and SMPlayer is using the QT file chooser. Both are configured the exact same way in settings. I'm at a loss here as to how to change it from QT to GTK. It has nothing to do with the style or look, I just want the GTK file chooser to open and not the horrible QT one.
annoyingduck

Re: Change File Chooser From QT To GTK+ Linux

Postby rvm » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:41 am

I think you'll need to compile SMPlayer with Qt 4 to get it.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby annoyingduck » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:18 pm

I don't know, could not figure it out on Manjaro at all. I got fed up, removed Manjaro and did a fresh Arch XFCE install. SMPlayer is back to using the "correct" GTK chooser for XFCE. Manjaro does something to invoke the QT menu and nobody there could figure out what. Lesson learned, pure Arch FTW!
annoyingduck

Postby stevo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:26 am

Looks like you get the GTK dialog if you have Qt 5 set to follow the GTK theming. MX 17's Qt 5 SMPlayer shows the GTK picker and that's how we ship Qt for the xfce desktop we use. If I stop Qt from following the GTK theme, then I get the Qt picker.
stevo

Return to General