This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Very low volume after upgrade [Solved]

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

Very low volume after upgrade [Solved]

Postby khanc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:31 pm

After upgrade to 18.2 on my windows 10 desktop, the volume on everything has suddenly become very low. Even at 100 it sounds very low. Problem is the same with speakers and headphones. Other apps play just fine as before. I dont know which smplayer version I had before but the download from Opensubtitles wasnt working if that gives a hint (which is why I upgraded, which fixed the subtitles but started this rather worse low volume issue). I did not change any settings during upgrade and have been using mpv before and after.
Last edited by khanc on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
khanc

Re: Very low volume after upgrade

Postby rvm » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:03 am

Check the Windows mixer, maybe you need to increase the volume there.

If that doesn't help, go to preferences -> general -> audio and try enable or disable the "software volume control" option.
rvm
Site Admin

Re: Very low volume after upgrade

Postby khanc » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:57 am

Thank you! Volume mixer had mpv very low for some reason. Adjusted it to the top line with everything else and volume's back to normal again.

FYI for those with a similar issue: on windows 10, the Volume Mixer is available with a right click on the volume icon in system tray.
khanc

Return to General