[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - SMPlayer no longer updates in taskbar preview

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

SMPlayer no longer updates in taskbar preview

Problems, bugs, suggestions... anything related to SMPlayer.

SMPlayer no longer updates in taskbar preview

Postby Sophodot » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:54 am

Using SMPlayer 18.2.2-portable with mpv on Windows 10. When you hover with the mouse over one of the programs in the taskbar it shows you a live preview of the window. In version 18.2.0, if SMPlayer was minimized and had a video playing, when I hovered over it in the taskbar, I could still watch the video through the thumbnail, but as of the latest version, this no longer works. It just shows the last frame displayed before the window was minimized. Here is a video demonstrating the bug if you are unable to replicate it.

Thank you for your support.
Sophodot

Re: SMPlayer no longer updates in taskbar preview

Postby rvm » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:53 am

The only difference regarding video between version 18.2 and 18.2.2 is that version 18.2.2 uses "direct3d" as video output by default, while version 18.2 uses "gpu". You can go to preferences -> general -> video and select gpu, I guess that would fix the problem.
rvm
Site Admin

Re: SMPlayer no longer updates in taskbar preview

Postby Sophodot » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:40 am

Thank you, that fixed it. I tried changing the Hardware decoding option because I saw d3d11va there, but didn't try changing that one to gpu. Also just noticed that 18.2.0 has two more options for that setting, image and tct.
Sophodot

Return to General