[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - New full packages for Windows for testing

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

New full packages for Windows for testing

The latest news about SMPlayer.

New full packages for Windows for testing

Postby rvm » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:06 pm

smplayer 0.6.9 will be released soon.

I've just created a package for windows with the latest version of smplayer (svn r3403) and mplayer-mt r29319 (from http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php). This is the multithreaded version of mplayer, which could improve performance of HD videos on multi-core processors. (Select at least 2 threads for decoding in preferences -> performance).

Please, test, and report any problems you find.

rvm
Site Admin

Re: New full packages for Windows for testing

Postby rvm » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Another package:

This package includes mplayer r30369, this time without ffmpeg-mt.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby RyanBrown616 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:12 am

How will this operate on a Vista 64 bit system? Will there be any conflict?
RyanBrown616

Postby alex12 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:15 pm

alex12

Postby Avita » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:26 am

Great news, looking forward to new version! Just installed 0.6.8.3412-win32 to check it out and noticed a couple of things:

- On my dual core win-xp selecting more than 1 thread makes the picture distort and flicker when watching *.ts files (SD). By selecting only 1 thread the picture is fine. All other files (both HD, SD and low resultion as well) I tested (avi, mpg, wmv, mov, mp4, divx) play fine whether 1 or more threads is selected, so it seems to be specific to the .ts files I have (terrestrial DVB recorded with DVBViewer)
- There are a couple of other issues with .ts files as well (no change from previous SMPlayer versions)
o The total time/length of the movie is sometimes (but not always I think!) calculated wrong, typically much less/shorter than it actually is
o DVB-Subtitles are not supported

+ The Video->Size shortcuts like Ctrl-1 work now, did not work in the previous version I was using.

Why does the installation always download the codecs file? I already had it installed with the previous version and also as a separate file package (and based by the naming it does not seem to have changed..). Not a biggie, just a bit annoying as it lenghtens the installation wait time.. :D

Thanks for great work, SMPlayer is my favourite viewer!
Avita

Postby rvm » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:47 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby Avita » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Oukki doukki. Thanks for very informative and quick reply!

The codec download has happened several times now, though. In some earlier version it did ask whether to do it or not, but lately the self-extracting exe has first uninstalled the older version, then installed the new version, then downloaded and reinstalled the codec-pack.
Avita

Postby redxii » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:44 pm

redxii

Postby pwnage » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:13 pm

When is a stable version of this going to be released? I would like to try it on my Windows 7 computer but I am hesitant as the last version I installed had alot of subtitle related issues. There would always be a problem with displaying them, either they didnt work at all or they were extremly small and had to be sized up alot.
pwnage

Postby mael » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:32 pm

i'd like to offer my services for testing this on Ubuntu Karmic
mael

Next

Return to News