SMPlayer 16.6 has been released

The latest news about SMPlayer.

SMPlayer 16.6 has been released

Postby rvm » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:36 am

Version 16.6
  • Support for 2 in 1 computers with touch screens.
    SMPlayer includes now a 'tablet mode', available in the menu Options. When the option is turned on it makes some changes in the interface so that it would be easier to control SMPlayer by touching the screen. When the user changes the tablet mode in the Windows 10 action center, SMPlayer will detect it and ask if it should switch to the SMPlayer's tablet mode as well.
  • Option to send video to an external screen.
    Now it's possible to send the video to a second screen connected to the computer, while controlling the application in the computer's screen.
  • Support for high DPI screens.
    On high DPI (dots per inch) screens SMPlayer looked very tiny. Now the interface is automatically scaled so it looks correctly. There are also settings in Preferences -> Interface -> High DPI where you can adjust manually the scale factor or turn off this feature.
  • Global shortcuts.
    Now it's possible to use the media keys (play/pause, stop, volume+/-, etc.) as global shortcuts. That means that those keys will work even when SMPlayer is in the background. You can activate this option in Preferences -> Keyboard and mouse.
  • Settings are remembered for online streams too.
    This means that, for example, SMPlayer can resume playback or set bookmarks on YouTube videos or other online streams (as long as they are seekable).
  • SMPlayer is now built with Qt 5 by default.
rvm
Site Admin

Re: SMPlayer 16.6 has been released

Postby scootergrisen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Qt 5 :D
It looks a bit different and it seems to have they own wait cursor i have not seem before.
It seems the "fusion" style is the default, instead of "GTK+".
I would prefer that the default style is the one that the other programs use, so in GNOME maybe GTK+ is the default so i would prefer that to be the default in SMPlayer so check boxes and so on look the same as in other applications.

And i see some buttons are not translated in Qt5 that was translated in Qt4, so maybe people should make sure that Qt5 is well translated in they're language.

I reported some bugs that your told was not there in Qt5 so i will be happy to see them gone.

I notice the About dialog have a scroll bar in the Info tab that give me the possiblity to scroll 1 pixel up or down. Maybe check if there are scroll bars other places that was not there before.
scootergrisen

Re: SMPlayer 16.6 has been released

Postby rvm » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:59 pm

scootergrisen wrote:Qt 5 :D
It looks a bit different and it seems to have they own wait cursor i have not seem before.
It seems the "fusion" style is the default, instead of "GTK+".
I would prefer that the default style is the one that the other programs use, so in GNOME maybe GTK+ is the default so i would prefer that to be the default in SMPlayer so check boxes and so on look the same as in other applications.

A new feature in this version is the possibility to scale the interface in high DPI screens. Qt recommends to use the Fusion style because it scales better. That's why Fusion is the default style.
rvm
Site Admin

Return to News