[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Help create an Android remote control

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Help create an Android remote control

Forum to talk about the development of SMPlayer (code, patches...).

Help create an Android remote control

Postby mechanized » Wed May 18, 2011 2:54 am

Hello, i wish to create a remote control app for smplayer. I would like advice and suggestions for implementation.
and also help for doing this without a running service from the pc. What i would like to do is:

-Create Play/pause fwd/bwd ui
-Control the player instance

What ways are there to control the player?
mechanized

Re: Help create an Android remote control

Postby mechanized » Thu May 19, 2011 5:14 am

Hello. After a lot of search, i have concluded:
-That is easier after all to create a small server that sends actions on the running smplayer instance
-Found the list of actions that i needed.

Therefore i have started a small project. Here is the first gui i have created. At the moment the only buttons that have
been implemented are the play and pause buttons. But others will be added quickly. Of course, any feedback will be more
than welcome.
Attachments
device.png
device.png (10.57 KiB) Viewed 9703 times
mechanized

Postby Surkow » Thu May 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Looks like a nice project. What development tools are you using?
Surkow

Postby mechanized » Fri May 20, 2011 9:37 am

I am using, netbeans for both server and client. The client development is done with the NBandroid plugin and the server side and the C++ plugin.
The android sdk(of course) and qt for the server side (since qt is present because of smplayer, why force java on people?)

The current state has basic functionality. All the buttons are working. Of course, i need to implement more features such as
subtitle selection and file to play selection. Here is the second teaser shot:
Attachments
device.png
device.png (25.43 KiB) Viewed 9696 times
mechanized

Postby mechanized » Sat May 21, 2011 1:46 pm

This is an alpha version. Of the client. The server is still very experimental. And have been designed to
work only for linux x86 at the moment. Here is the Android apk and the server executable.

CAUTION 1
The client has the option to set a server but it will not work. Do not enter any values in the
set server dialog.

CAUTION 2
The server listens on the port 8000. This is hardcoded, and you cannot change it at the moment.
The client also tries to connect to 192.168.1.60 this is also hardcoded at the moment. Therefore the
pc hosting the server must be on the 192.168.1.60 ip.

CAUTION 3
The smplayer, must be opened and with a file loaded before trying to actually send commands from the
mobile phone client

Here is the download link.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BB5VAGRB

The application is compatible with android 2.1 and above.

I want feedback and bug reports.
P.S can i post in this thread without moderation?
mechanized

Postby Surkow » Sun May 22, 2011 12:41 pm

Your posts no longer have to be approved by a moderator.
Surkow

Postby mechanized » Sun May 22, 2011 2:52 pm

mechanized

Postby Surkow » Sun May 22, 2011 10:37 pm

I increased the attachment size to 1.5MB.
Surkow

Postby mechanized » Thu May 26, 2011 1:27 am

Thanks. One of these days ill upload a new version since i have limited time at the moment.
mechanized

Postby mechanized » Thu May 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Attachments
smremote.zip
(356.6 KiB) Downloaded 888 times
mechanized

Next

Return to Development