[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - How to compile smplayer on Windows

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

How to compile smplayer on Windows

Forum to talk about the development of SMPlayer (code, patches...).

How to compile smplayer on Windows

Postby rvm » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:01 am

rvm
Site Admin

Re: How to compile smplayer on Windows

Postby rvm » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:03 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:04 am

Last edited by rvm on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update
rvm
Site Admin

Postby rvm » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:05 am

Last edited by rvm on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update
rvm
Site Admin

Postby redxii » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:14 am

DL URL: http://qt.nokia.com/downloads

There are some slight differences in Qt 4.6.0. Not that SMPlayer ran at all when compiled with 4.6.0 (some error with QtCore4):
- The Qt 4.6.0 SDK includes MinGW. The libraries package no longer downloads MinGW so if you use that you must already have MinGW installed.
- The default install directory is different: e.g. C:\Qt\2009.05
- The 'make' command no longer works, it's 'mingw32-make' or 'mingw32-make install'

Changed locations:
- The Qt files are actually in C:\Qt\2009.05\qt and MinGW in C:\Qt\2009.05\mingw. So the install_smplayer script has to be adjusted.
redxii

Postby dpqmw80 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:07 am

I am still not able to run smplayer on Windows.It crashes
dpqmw80

Postby toponim » Mon May 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello everyone,

I have to use Smplayer a lot of time both on Linux and Windows platforms and want to say thanks for such good software.
Recently I decided to try and compile Smplayer with Windows's native toolchain (VS2008 Express edition in particularly). Here is my little experience and results of work:

Toolchain: VS2008 Express Edition;
Qt: 4.8.0 (compiled from scratch with mentioned toolchain)

First of all I have noticed issue with quazip sources. Issue specifically related to workaround which was introduced to deal with non-used function arguments warning. VS2008 cl doesn't allow to declare data after operations in C code so I add small workaround for this (you can find patch with my workaround in attach).
Second issue is addressed to Smplayer crash (probably same crash as reported by dpqmw80). After some debugging I have realized that reason of crash is using of wrong main.cpp file during compilation from command line. I don't have food explanation of this right now but it looks like nmake takes first main.cpp file from list. As a result I have Smplayer which include all needed source but main function taken from src\videopreview\main.cpp file. I shall admit that this issue doesn't occur when you use MSBuild instead of nmake (probably there is a issue in smplayer.pro file and not in nmake itself).

So after all investigations I have written bat file with all instructions needed to compile Smplayer with VS2008 toolchain (please see compile_windows_vc.zip in attach). Please note that file is not production ready and need to be run from "Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt" (or you need to set all required environment variables by hand) and you shall have Qt framework under C:\Qt\4.8.0 path or set QT_DIR variable in bat file by hand.
I hope my experiment will be helpful. If using of Windows native toolchain will be considered possible I would be glad to help with this. Please feel free to contact me via email (toponim dog gmail dot com).
Attachments
compile_windows_vc.zip
Set of commands which can be used to compile Smplayer with VS2008 toolchain
(472 Bytes) Downloaded 1935 times
quazip.patch.zip
Set of patches for quazip
(822 Bytes) Downloaded 2042 times
toponim

Postby ijammer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:53 am

Hi there, recently i tries to compile smplayer using Qt 4.8.0 + Visual Studio 2010
everything went well except for ioapi.c

it says this..

findsubtitles\quazip\ioapi.c(72): error C2275: 'FILE' : illegal use of this type as an expression

anybody know how to fix this issue...
ijammer

Postby cyran0 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Attachments
smplayer.pro.zip
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 1772 times
compile.err.zip
(793 Bytes) Downloaded 1747 times
compile.log.zip
(4.84 KiB) Downloaded 1798 times
cyran0

Postby rvm » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:21 pm

I use Qt 4.8 and it compiles and runs ok.
rvm
Site Admin

Next

Return to Development