[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SMPlayer Support Forum • View topic - Fix the SEEKBAR (for DVDs)

This forum is deprecated. Please visit https://github.com/smplayer-dev/smplayer/discussions

Fix the SEEKBAR (for DVDs)

Forum to talk about the development of SMPlayer (code, patches...).

Fix the SEEKBAR (for DVDs)

Postby ReiCow » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:28 am

Hello,

I'm working on SMPlayer to use for a project of mine, and I've noticed that the slider/internal clocks/etc go crazy when playing DVDs. Once one gets past, say, 50 minutes, the slider and timers all reset. I realize that this is because of reading the time information from mplayer (where it gets all broken up), but I was wondering if someone is tackling this problem. Is there a way to make an internal timer that keeps a true movie time (and to 0.1 second precision or better)? Is anyone else working on this problem?

Thanks,
ReiCow
ReiCow

Re: Fix the SEEKBAR (for DVDs)

Postby ReiCow » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:23 am

I've successfully implemented a patch for mplayer (with the help of the mplayer community) which should enable a proper working seekbar. I've added a property to mplayer (used in slave mode via get_property):

enter:
get_property stream_time_pos

receive:
ANS_stream_time_pos=32.867001

The time given is in seconds. The property has the benefit that it does NOT reset during DVD playback as get_time_pos (or get_property time_pos) does.

Utilizing this for the seekbar will properly track where one is in a dvd.

Hope this helps!

This is included in mplayer as of revision 31795.

Cheers,
ReiCow
ReiCow

Postby rvm » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:04 am

That's good news :D

Although for me it would have been better if that time would be printed in the status line. Querying for a property will require more changes in the code.
rvm
Site Admin

Postby ReiCow » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:21 am

You could request (or create a patch) that there be a command line option when run for mplayer to display the stream time on the status line instead of the get_time_pos time...

Though that may be more work than using the call & response in smplayer.. I don't know.

Cheers,
ReiCow
ReiCow

Postby rvm » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:34 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby ReiCow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:10 am

Yeah, just before putting in my code.. they modified the configure file and now I can't configure mplayer unless I disable yasm... hopefully they fix that.

It has nothing to do with my code, I swear! :)

Cheers,
ReiCow
ReiCow

Postby rvm » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:24 am

rvm
Site Admin

Postby wantilles » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 am

wantilles

Postby ReiCow » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:12 pm